Algae in pet food and supplements
- source of protein, fatty acids, antioxidants, vitamins, fibre and minerals, including phosphorus, iron, zinc and magnesium.
- a complete natural product of the highest quality
- free from heavy metals, pesticides, microbes and other contaminants.
- there is evidence that microalgae in petfood improve intestinal health and activate the immune system.
- widely used in supplements and additives for oral hygiene and a shiny coat.
Within the petfood industry people are searching for essential nutrients and ingredients to improve gut health. Also there is a trend to look for more versitile ingredients, functional fibers and prebiotics. Our algae range from white and yellow to a natural dark green, all with different nutrient compositions. Algae are available in various colour and nutrient densities. Phycom microalgae have consistent quality and superior purity.
Benefits of Phycom algae in food and supplements for dogs and cats
Algae suitable for supplements and pet food applications
Dark green natural colourant - Characteristic umami flavour - Composition: 14% fatty acids, 14% fibre, 40% protein
Fine, intense green natural colourant - Mild umami flavour - Composition: 14% fatty acids, 32% fibre, 22% protein
Naturally golden yellow in colour Sweet almost corn-like flavour Composition: 11% fatty acids, 9% fibre, 31,6% protein